Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A Walston Family Christmas - New Traditions

This year, we added several new traditions to our Christmas experience.  We truly cherished every one of these moments, and I can not wait until next year so we can experience them again...all of them except for the meltdown over the birthday cake for Jesus by Mr. Brady!

We all received a new pair of "Christmas jammies" to go along with our "Christmas flannel sheets."  Each year, I am going to put these sheets on the beds a few days before Christmas to help us really get in the mood!

This year was the first time we set out cookies, milk, and carrots for the nighttime visitors!


Here is the infamous birthday cake for Jesus.  By this time, it was close to an hour past Brady's bed time, and he was exhausted.  I think this is the only picture where he isn't crying!  Incase you are wondering, he is wearing the sock monkey hat I made for him.


I purchased an inexpensive table runner and some fabric paint.  Each year we are going to imprint the boys' hands on the runner so we can watch how fast they grow!



This last "new tradition" may be the best of all.  My mother always makes this yummy Scandinavian almond cake when we visit, but it requires a special pan which has prevented me from making it in the past.  Nana Santa made sure I received one of my own this year, and it turned out great!

No comments:

Post a Comment