Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Couponing

As you may remember from a few posts ago, I set out five goals to accomplish this month.  I attempted to tackle one goal during my weekly shopping trip two days ago - couponing.  TLC ran a special television show on extreme couponing last week, and I must admit that it was very inspiring.  I watched four people cut their grocery bills by almost ninety percent.  One lady cut her bill from over $600 to about $3!

I was very skeptical about this task at first, but I am always one who wants to save money.  With my weekly menu plan, I searched a few Internet sites for coupons that I could possibly use.  I also purchased a Sunday paper.  More often than not, the majority of my purchases are store brands or produce.  I did not want to purchase a national brand item if it would still be more expensive than the store brand, even with the coupon.

I am happy to report that my shopping trip was very successful.  I managed to save almost $28 at one store and $6 at the other.  Pretty good for my first attempt!  My best buy was on Mueller's pasta.  Their website offers a $.55 and $1.00 off coupon, and my grocery store had it on sale.  I ended up getting four boxes of pasta for $.52!  I can't wait to fill you in on my total monthly savings in a few weeks.  Happy couponing!

No comments:

Post a Comment