Monday, November 1, 2010

First Attempts

I have been inspired over the last few months by a handful of friends who have opened their lives to me thorough blogging.  There's no better time to try something new then when you are home on maternity leave with two babies that are miraculously sleeping at the same time, right?

My maternal grandfather, John Hooper, has kept a daily diary for as long as I can remember.  He meticulously records what may appear to an outsider as just mundane details of the day.  I can not express enough how much I treasure the opportunities I have had to read some of these entries.  Grand has told us all throughout the years to take up the same practice.  I have tried to follow his advice.  Unfortunately due to the demands of daily life, I have put off this thing that I "want" to do for other things that I "have" to do.

I feel like now is the time to stop making excuses.  More and more I realize how fast time is going by, and I do not want to miss recording these wonderful memories.  Writing posts on the Internet may not be exactly the same as the hand written journal, but hopefully having these thoughts publicized will help keep me accountable.

With my first post drawing to a close, I want to thank my Grand again for being my inspiration.  The Wayside Inn in Sanbornville, NH was his childhood home so I affectionately name this collection of faith and family reflections in his honor.

No comments:

Post a Comment