Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I Voted!

"Now, Lord, consider their threats and enable your servants to speak your word with great boldness."  Acts 4:29
This morning Garrett and I headed off to the polls with Benjamin in tow while Brady was in preschool.  As soon as we returned home from picking Brady up he zoned in on our "I Voted" stickers.  It was hilarious to watch him dance around the kitchen as I snapped photos.  I am excited to some day teach him about what a privilege it is to vote.



Over the last few days I have been studying the book of Acts - reading about the early church and the trials faced by all of the first disciples as they found themselves persecuted by the Roman government and the Jewish leaders of the day.  It seemed that no matter where they turned they were faced with challenges and criticism.  Amazingly, they were able to keep their faith strong and perspective in tact.  All of those earlier believers, especially Peter, were not afraid to speak of the miracle that is Jesus' resurrection.

Today I was reminded at how different my life could be if I did not have the opportunity to cast my vote, and I am truly thankful to those that made this opportunity possible for me.  Those who do note vote give up their opportunity to choose leaders who will hopefully "speak with great boldness."  No matter what the outcome of today's elections, I am confident that my voice has been heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment