Sunday, November 7, 2010

Winter is Coming!

As a native of New Hampshire, I am used to it snowing as early as September.  Moving to North Carolina six years ago has definitely made me less tolerant to the cold.  We have had an extraordinarily HOT summer (over 70 days above 90 degrees); this fall has not been much better with 80 degree days still coming our way within the last two weeks.  I am happy to announce that it officially dropped below the freezing mark last night!  The change in temperature makes me ready for the holidays.

Speaking of the holidays, I am especially ready for the first Christmas with both of my little boys at home.  We have decided to stay home this year, and I can't wait to trim the tree, to enjoy the Christmas Eve service at JPC for the first time, and to share our family traditions with Brady now that he can really understand what is going on.

I am challenging myself this year to think beyond the quantity of presents around the tree.  There is something to be said about thoughtful, homemade gifts and making memories.  I can not wait to cook, snuggle up, and truly remember why we celebrate this most wonderful day in a way I have not done before.

No comments:

Post a Comment